I’m making a case for pasta. It just might be the best thing a busy home cook could ask for.
As a refined carb, it definitely has a bad reputation. But it actually has a lot going for it.
Always in your pantry staple
Quick and easy to prepare
My husband came home the other night with a dozen lobsters. For two of us. That’s six lobsters each! Even after we recruited my brother to help us eat them, we still had a load of leftovers. It was an entire village of lobster after all! My cooking juju has been off, so when he suggested pasta, I was game, happy to not have to plan something more complicated.
And that, my friends, is when the magic happened: I cemented the 5-ingredient formula that dreams are made of.
It looked fancy, it tasted fancy, and it was one of the easier things I’ve done in a while. My husband was so impressed that he took a picture to send his family. Give it a try and please let me know if you love it as much as I do.
One of the reasons I’m in love with this recipe is that it is beyond delicious on its own – totally fresh and satisfying. But it’s also endlessly adaptable: eat as is or add fancy lobster, frozen shrimp, leftover chicken, sausage, or some extra veggies with the tomatoes. I made it weeks ago with summer corn off the cob and we loved it just as much.
Ingredients for two
~1/2 lb pasta of choice
3 cloves of garlic minced
Red pepper flakes to taste
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- Set a large pot of water to boil
- In a large pan heat a glug of olive oil over medium low; add 3 cloves of minced garlic and red pepper flakes
- After a few minutes once the garlic is almost browning turn heat to medium and add sliced grape tomatoes
** If you have any additions like lobster, corn, or other veggie or protein add it to the skillet after a few minutes
- Add salt and pasta to the boiling water
- When pasta is al dente and tomatoes are saucy after ~7-10 minutes, transfer pasta to tomato skillet using a slotted spoon or tongs
- Toss until pasta is coated
- Top with basil, julienned or whole and ENJOY